Hair Growth Treatments
If you are reading this then you are probably experiencing some form of thinning or hair-loss. Whether it be the early stages or the late stages, we have options at DiStefano Hair Restoration.
Not everyone who is losing their hair needs a hair transplant. As a matter of fact, we encourage everyone to try non surgical hair restoration techniques first, and only go the route of a hair transplant when the hair follicles are completely dead and need to be replaced.
What Can I Do To Make Hair Healthier?
There are a number of positive things you can do for your hair by making some simple lifestyle changes. We have made a brief list of some common things below:
- Eat A Well Balanced Diet: Vitamins and nutrients have a huge impact on your hair. If you are lacking either one, or both, your hair can become dry and brittle and give off a dull appearance. Make sure you are eating a diet that includes Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, peanuts, peppers, Greek yogurt, and fruits containing Vitamin C.
- Vitamins: Some common over the counter vitamins can drastically improve the health of your hair. The ones we personally recommend are biotin, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, zinc, B-Vitamins, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D.
- Use Your Fingertips When Cleansing: This may be obvious to some people, but more often than not, people use their fingernails when washing their scalp. This can actually damage your scalp. Make sure to use the pads of your fingertips, along with a little pressure to get a great cleanse and keep your scalp happy.
- Lower Your Stress!: We get it. Easier said than done. Stress will manifest itself not only in our skin, but also in our hair as well. Focus on your mental health and reducing all unnecessary stressors in your life first, your hair health will soon follow.
- Give Yourself a Scalp Massage: No, we aren’t kidding. There are two crucial benefits to massaging your scalp. The first is that a scalp massage can actually help you calm down and boost your mood, reliving stress that is having a negative effect on your hair. The second is the fact massaging your scalp will increase blood flow to your hair follicles, in turn allowing them to receive more blood and nutrients.
- Quit Smoking: We understand this isn’t the easiest thing to do, but nicotine and smoking in general causes damage to the hair follicles, inhibiting growth and causes long term damage to the health of your hair.
- Avoid Chemicals & Heat: What they say is true. Bleaching, dying, and other chemicals you use does compromise the overall health of the hair follicles over time. High heat is also not good for your hair. Things such as perms, curling irons, and straightening irons all have long term adverse effects on your hair.
While the above natural solutions to getting healthier hair may seem a bit obvious, they really do work. While it may be very hard to do ALL of the things listed above, every little bit helps and we suggest starting slow and working your way up to adjusting your life to help get your hair looking healthy again.
Non Surgical Hair Restoration Techniques
We realize that sometimes your scalp may need that extra push that natural methods cannot provide, but you may not be ready for a hair transplant just yet. With that said, DiStefano Hair Restoration has a number of non surgical hair restoration methods that can provide fantastic results with non invasive measures.
- 82M & 82F -A Topical, prescription strength solution that will restore hair not just only in the back of your head, but everywhere else as well.
- Low Level Laser Therapy -he most revolutionary technology which promotes hair growth and treats hair thinning without surgery or drugs.
- Micropigmentation – Closely replicates the hair follicles on the scalp to help remaining hair appear fuller and thicker.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) – Ideal for men and women who have thinning hair or men who are experiencing male pattern baldness.
If you are interested in any of the above restoration options that we provide at DiStefano Hair Restoration. Please call our office at 866-439-1517 or fill out the form on this page.