Are you planning to have a hair transplant surgery in Massachusetts? If you are, then you should choose an extremely competent hair restoration surgeon who will put your interest on top of anything else. Keep in mind that a lot of things can and may go wrong if you don’t choose the most qualified surgeon to do the job. Believe me, this is not a risk anyone would be willing to take.
Choosing the Best Hair Surgeon for the Job
In choosing the most qualified hair transplant surgeon, you need to know about his or her particular field of expertise and medical background, the associations he or she belongs to and experience in doing the procedure. You also need to know if your chosen surgeon favors a particular technique or if he or she has an extensive experience in performing a variety of hair transplant procedures. These things can help you determine if you are indeed putting your trust into the hands of the right person.
For best results, you should choose a doctor who carefully screens his patients based on age (hair transplants should not be performed on someone who is too young), medical conditions, medications used and other psychological factors.
In addition, you should choose a doctor who does not promise unrealistic results, but carefully assesses your donor supply and balances it with the demand of your balding or recipient sites, and has the artistic capability to design your hairline according to your age.
Avoid these Pitfalls
If you are 100% sure that you are entrusting your hair loss problems to a highly competent hair restoration expert, here are some other possible pitfalls that you may want to avoid prior to having a hair transplant surgery in Massachusetts:
- Taking aspirin or any anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-depressants, blood thinners and/or multivitamin supplements 14 days before your scheduled procedure. These may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Using Minoxidil. Discontinue its use 7 days before the operation.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages. For best results, do not drink alcoholic beverages 7 days prior to the procedure.
- Smoking. Smoking will slow down the healing process so you better avoid it for at least 24 hours before your scheduled surgery.
- Not washing your hair and/or applying styling gels or sprays to your hair before the surgery.
Choose the right person to do the job by putting your trust in the hands of the experts. Schedule a free consultation with the DiStefano Hair Restoration Center today.
DiStefano Hair Restoration Center is committed to helping men and women take charge of their appearance and self-esteem through hair restoration options. For more than 16 years, DiStefano has been at the forefront of the hair transplantation industry, and has performed more than 5,000 successful hair transplant procedures.